Monday, May 26, 2008

A Night Out With Rockers



I've been quite caught up with work lately and haven't had the time to have lunch, much less write in this blog. However, my wife's current nostalgia for old Malay rock songs has started to rub off on me, and I thought I'd share photos I took of the Search concert in Johor Bahru in 2004.




I must say this was one of the most enjoyable assignments I've ever been on, because I am a big Search fan. I was privileged to work with the event organiser for the concerts, so I covered the press conferences and concerts, and some shots were used for some of the promotional items.

My wife came along as my assistant, which was good, because she is an even bigger Search fan than I am. The mood in the stadium was terribly contagious, with the huge crowd pushing each other, trying to get closer to the stage. If I had not had my equipment with me, I would have been tempted to headbang along.

I also managed to capture a shot of this Amy lookalike. Seriously, if both were to stand next to each other, would we be able to tell the difference?

The show ended with a bang, and many still wanted more. Me? I was just happy I had an all-access crew pass!

At the end of it all, there was a short press conference, then, I managed to get a shot with the band. Think I could be part of the band?

2 comments:

jabishah said...

Zain,
Was it the angle or really that all Search members are as 'petit'as you? Hehehe!
Great shots but I still can tell the difference between Amy & his lookalike. Jauh beza lah...
Phewwwwit!..

Anonymous said...

Hi! Kakbie here. Don't forget! Somebody's b-day is coming tomorrow! On 18 September.