Friday, February 1, 2008

You Will Be Missed, Tan Sri Murad


The nation lost two upstanding citizens recently. I've had the honour and pleasure of knowing both Tan Sri Murad bin Mohamad Noor & Mr. Felix Abisheganaden personally and professionally.

Tan Sri Murad, or "Uncle", as I know him, was a neighbour and father of my childhood friend, Maisurah. I've had the privilege of shooting Maisurah's wedding in 2003, and most recently, upon his request, his family portrait just before Aidilfitri 2007. We believe that he may have had a feeling that this would be the last official portrait of him & his family, and he had asked Maisurah to call me to schedule the photoshoot early so the photos could be ready before Hari Raya.

My wife, Ema, & I shot the family photos at Tan Sri Murad's residence in Taman Berjaya, Gombak, and throughout the session, we noticed the love and affection he had for his wife, daughter, son-in-law and especially so, his grandson. He was extremely patient with his grandson, and laughed at every single thing his grandson did. It was obvious that he clearly adored his grandson.

During lulls in the photo session, Tan Sri Murad & I talked. We talked about everything, and that is what I will remember & cherish always. The easy camaraderie, the abundant laughs and the warmth radiating from him and his family.

Tan Sri Murad, as I knew him, was a fine man. He was humble and approachable, yet he made such an impact in the lives of those who knew him.

To his family, Ema & I offer our deepest condolences, and we are just a phonecall away if you need us.

Uncle, you will be missed. Al-Fatihah.

No comments: